On the premise of a clear day, myself, Dan and Shaun set off from Glenridding to Pinnacle Ridge on St. Sunday Crag – one of the classic (if not a little short) scrambles in the Lakes. Leaving the crowds in the carpark at Glenridding we walked round to Patterdale and headed up Grisedale.
At Elmhow Plantation, we headed up towards the scree slope beneath the bottom of the crag with little hope that the clag was going to clear up by the time we got up there.
After skirting up the left of the scree slope we reached the base of the ridge and started the scramble up with less than geat visibility.
Probably one of the more tricky parts is the short chimney pitch. If we’d had any nervous members in the group, a confidence rope would have been useful.
Just at the end of the ridge there’s a bit of a down climb, but it’s not too tricky as there’s good holds.
At the end of the ridge we didn’t quite get the view we’d hope for…still a good morning out all the same.
- July 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (2)
- August 2011 (1)
- July 2011 (1)
- June 2011 (1)
- May 2011 (1)
- April 2011 (2)
- March 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (1)
- January 2011 (3)
- December 2010 (3)
- November 2010 (1)
- October 2010 (5)
- September 2010 (6)
- August 2010 (1)
- July 2010 (5)
- June 2010 (1)
- April 2010 (1)
- March 2010 (1)
- February 2010 (4)
- Not such a bad view from the office today #ratrace #scotland #glencoe #lochleven #fortwilliam instagram.com/p/oqF_GhJwJ6/ 5 years ago
- "Is that a hedgehog?" #scotland #climbing #ardnamurchan #gabbro instagram.com/p/nsX939JwJt/ 5 years ago
- Delicately does it! #scotland #climbing #gabbro instagram.com/p/nqkm9TJwM9/ 5 years ago
- Working holiday visa for #newzealand approved. Roll on January instagram.com/p/nn5soJpwPf/ 5 years ago
- 220 mile round trip for the first day of a course to do a test I could have done online 5 years ago